Office Address

San Jose, Silicon Valley and Bay Area.

Phone Number

(408) 564-0152

Email Address

help@danselrestoration.com

The most dangerous mold found in your home

Mold is a type of fungus that grows in damp and humid environments, and it can have a significant impact on your health. While not all molds are toxic, certain types of mold produce mycotoxins, which can cause serious health risks in humans and animals. Of all the toxic molds, the most dangerous of them all is Stachybotrys chartarum, and yes this can be found in the comfort of your own home.

Stachybotrys chartarum, also known as toxic black mold, is a type of mold that grows in areas with high moisture content, such as garages, bathrooms and kitchens. This type of mold can take several weeks or even months to become visible. Stachybotrys chartarum is characterized by its black appearance and its distinctive musty odor.

The most dangerous mold found in your home - Dansel Restoration

The mycotoxins produced by Stachybotrys chartarum are some of the most toxic and potent of all mold toxins. They can cause a wide range of health problems, including respiratory issues, neurological problems, and immune system suppression. Exposure to Stachybotrys chartarum can lead to chronic fatigue, headaches, dizziness, memory loss, and skin irritation. In some cases, it can even lead to more severe health problems, such as cancer and pulmonary hemorrhage.

Stachybotrys chartarum is particularly dangerous because it can grow undetected in hidden areas of the home, such as behind walls, in ceiling tiles, or under carpets. As it grows, it releases spores into the air, which can then be inhaled by humans and animals. This can lead to serious health problems, especially in people who are already vulnerable, such as the elderly, children, and those with weakened immune systems.

Got Mold?

If you suspect that you have Stachybotrys chartarum in your home, it is essential to have it professionally removed as soon as possible. Attempting to remove it yourself can release even more spores into the air, which can exacerbate the problem. Here at Dansel Restoration (Located in San Jose, California) our technicians are trained to safely remove any type of mold from your home.

In conclusion, Stachybotrys chartarum is one of the most dangerous and toxic molds that can grow in a home. It can cause serious health problems, and it should be taken seriously. If you suspect that you have this mold in your home, it is important to give us a call today to ensure the safety of you and your family.